Overview of Department:
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at MMC, KHAMMAM was established in 1998.This is a multi- specialty department providing high quality patient care in the areas of antenatal care, postnatal welfare and infertility. The department brings first-hand clinical services with an updated academic curriculum and advanced level of research. The vision is to establish a centre of excellence for the reproductive health needs of women, train the next generation and be involved in expanding research.
|1||Dr. M. Vijaya Sree||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. B. Kavitha||Professor|
|5||Dr. K. Madhuri||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr. N. Baby Rani||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Naimisha Movva||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Nyma Sultana||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. Gaikwad Manasi Vilas||Assistant Professor|
|10||Dr. Manajari Hota Basanta||Senior Resident|
|11||Dr. Kondapalli Rukmini||Senior Resident|
|12||Dr. Mukka Kavya||Senior Resident|
|13||Dr. Matta Sindura||Senior Resident|
|14||Dr. Nuthakki Spandana||Senior Resident|
|15||Dr. Gopinath Radha Greeshma||Senior Resident|
|16||Dr. Kondisetty Madhuri||Senior Resident|
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MMC, KHAMMAM offers the following program: MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology
The Department provides complete obstetrical care, comprehensive family welfare, infertility management, endoscopic surgery, menopause management, and reconstructive surgery. We also manage high risk pregnancies. Community services are being provided like the campaign for anemia prevention, pulse polio, save the girl child, adolescent, cancer screening and school health, throughout the year.
Our educational endeavors include teaching undergraduate medical students during their clinical rotation for both MBBS and postgraduates (MS students). A well-structured curriculum for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs balances the strengths of sub-specialization and general practice.
- High risk Pregnancy
- Gynaecologic surgeries
- Colposcopy clinic
- High risk pregnancy clinic
- Community care.
Labs & Facilities
Individual departments under MMC are supported by good infrastructure for research and clinical experience.
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Teaching in hospitals give students hands-on learning
Awards and achievements
- Manne Suvidha (R.No:14051087), 153/200 (Academic Year: 2019-20)
Research & Publications:
- M.VIJAYASREE, PROFESSOR & HOD, THe Perception Of Mini Clinical Examination Exercise (Mini Cex) By Post Graduate Students As A Learning TOOL J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc., Feb. 11, 2019, Pissn- 2349-2562, Eissn- 2349-2570/ Vol. 6/Issue 6/Feb. 11, 2019 Page Numbers :1 to 5.Indexed national journal
- M.VIJAYASREE, PROFESSOR & HOD, Effective ness of colposcopy in the detection of cervical Intraepithelial neoplasias and its correlation with a Histopathological examination report Jan – June-2019, Issue>1, Valume-7. Journal of south asian federation of menopause society
- M.VIJAYASREE, PROFESSOR & HOD, Perception of attitude, Ethics and communication skill (AETCOM) Module by First MBBS students as a learning tool in the foundation course Oct -21, 2019, J.Avid.based Med. Health .Pissn-2349,–2562. Vol-6, issue:42.
- M.VIJAYASREE, PROFESSOR & HOD, increasing trends of pregnancy induced hypertension- Need for uterine artery Doppler as a predictor May-2019, Vol:10. Issur:2, Medplus publishing corporation, medplus international journal of Gynaecology.
- NAIMISHA MOVVA, ASST.PROFESSOR, Increasing trends of pregnancy induced hypertension- Need for uterine artery Doppler as a predictor May-2019, Vol:10. Issur:2, Medplus publishing corporation, medplus international journal of Gynaecology .
Our faculty and students actively participate in the research work and had published many papers in both national and international journals.
- SCREENING FOR GDM IN ANTENATAL WOMEN PRESENTING TO TERTIORY CARE CENTRE USING DIPSI GUIDELINES – Dr.T.Nagapoojitha
- ROLE OF UTERINE ARTERY AND MCA IN HIGH RISK ANTENATAL WOMEN AND ITS CORRELATION WITH MATERNAL AND FETAL OUTCOME – Dr.Huda Khan.
- EFFECTIVE NESS OF PRENATAL ULTRASOUND IN DETECTING FETAL ABNORMALITIES AND THEIR PERINATAL OUTCOME – Dr.Sneha.
- ESTIMATION OF GESTATIONAL AGE BY ULTRASONOGRAPHIC MEASURMENT OF FOETAL KIDNEY LENGTH – Dr.R.Harshini.
- COMPARATIVE STUDY OF COAGULATION PROFILE IN PRE ECLAMPSIA AND ECLAMPSIA – Dr.V.Aruna.
- CLINICAL STUDY OF VAGINITIS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE GROUP WOMEN ATTENDIG GYNAECOLOGY OPD – Dr.D.Sri Surya.
- RISK MALIGNANCY INDEX FOR PRE-OPERATIVE EVALUATION OF OVARIAN MALIGNANCY – Dr.E.Neetha.
- PREVALENCE OF THYROID DISORDERS IN PREGNANCY – Dr.M.Sravani.
- EVALUATION OF ACCURACY OF TVS IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCY AND ITS CORRELATION WITH LAPARATOMY FINDINGS – Dr.D.Vasavi.