Overview of Department:
Department of Pharmacology is a basic medical sciences specialty, deals with imparting knowledge and skills concerning with drug administration to health care professional medical students. Teaching & research opportunities are satisfactorily met with the availability of well-equipped air-conditioned lecture halls, demonstration rooms with high quality audio-visual aids, research & experimental lab. The faculty are involved in drug safety monitoring (pharmacovigilance committee). Faculty had the credit of research publications in national and international renowned indexed journals.
|1||Dr. Naveen Pokala||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Raghu MN||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. Sayeli Vijay Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Alasyam Naveen||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. Swathi Chandanala||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Dheeraj Reddy||Tutor|
- Experimental Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology
Facilities and learning sources:
Library: Having 152 books including question banks & MCQ’s.
- 17 desktop computers with internet connection.
- One laptop
- One printer
- Overhead projectors
- LCD monitor
Research laboratory with animal house facility:
Well equipped with basic instruments for conducting research.
Spectrophotometer, Analgesiometers, Electro-convulsometers, Cooks pole climbing apparatus, metabolic cages, Digitalphotoactometer, Incubator, Soxhlet apparatus, Dark light chamber apparatus, Elevated plus maze, Digital PH meter, Centrifuge machines.
- Facility to extract active principles of plant products.
- Chemical analysis of unknown substances.
- Preparing & dispensing various drug formulations.
Clinical pharmacology laboratory:
Facility to carry out clinical research work
- History of medicine (34).
- Charts & flow charts (86).
- Different dosage forms (30).
- Drugs used in different disease conditions (300).
- Association of sleep quality and spatial and verbal memory in young adults. Naveen Alasyam- National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2019, 9(10), 946-949.
- Gastroprotective and Antioxidant effect of Petroleum ether Extract of Eupatorium triplinerve Vijaykumar S- Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019, 12(11), 5163-5166.
- Analysis of clinical profile and prescription pattern of malaria in a tertiary care hospital in Karnataka, INDIA. Raghu Murthy N-International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology. 2019, 8(8).
- Antinociceptive effect of flavonol and a few structurally related dimethoxy flavonols in mice- S. Vijaykumar Inflammopharmacology. 2019.
- Evaluation of hepatoprotective activity of aqueous extract of Phyllanthus fraternus in Wistar rats. Author- Naveen Alasyam, Naveen Pokala, National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2019.
- Evaluation and comparison of antipyretic activity of aqueous leaf extracts of Vitex negudo and Andrographis paniculate in rabbits. Author- Naveen Pokala , Naveen Alasyam. National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2019.
- Evaluation of antipyretic activity of alcoholic extract of MurrayaKoenigii leaves in rabbits. Author- Naveen Pokala , Vijaykumar Sayeli. International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology. July2019/vol 8/issue 7.
- Evaluation of hypoglycemic and antihyperglycemic effect of alcoholic extract of murrayakoenigii in albino rats. Authors- Naveen Pokala, NischalShasidher, jayasree T. Medpulse International journal of Pharmacology, March 2019/9(3).
- Evaluation of hypoglycemic and anti – hyperglycemic activity of alcoholic extract of Mangiferaindica seeds in wistar rats – P. Naveen, Professor.
- Evaluation of antidiabetic activity of commercially available extract of Phyllanthus Emblica in wistar rats. S. Vijay Kumar, Assistant. Professor.
- Anti Inflammatory activity of flavonol and few structurally related dimethoxy flavonols in wistar rats. S Vijay Kumar, Assistant Professor.
- Evaluation of Local Anaesthetic activity of samaneasaman flowers on Rabbit eye. Dr. Naveen, Professor.