Overview of Department:
Forensic is an applied science, partly legal, partly medical, calling for information and investigation in widely divergent lines and becoming more minutely ramified with the progressive advances in medical knowledge and in those sciences of which medicine is itself an application.
|1||Dr. Uday Pal Singh||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr .Guntheti Bharath Kumar||Professor|
|3||Dr. D. Vijaya Raghavendra||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Zia Ul Mohsin||Tutor|
|5||Dr. K.Naga Nishanth Chowdary||Tutor|
|6||Dr. Vinod Kumar||Tutor|
MD Forensic Medicine
Core Competencies: Forensic Medicine is to train a doctor to become a competed Medico- legal expert, teacher and researcher in the subject include.
- Is aware of medico-legal aspects in various settings.
- Is aware of advances and developments in the field of forensic medicine and research methodology
Facilities and learning sources of the department:
Library: We have a nice collection of books of more than 100 titles in library.
Research Laboratory: The Department of Forensic Medicine is well equipped with the instruments required for regular medico –legal work.
Museum: A pretty good collection of more than 500 specimens are displayed in the department museum. Including wet and dry specimens, models, photographs and charts.
Conferences and CME attended (2019 to 2020) :
- Conference SIMLA- 2019 Puducherry, 27.09.2019 to 29.09.2019 (Dr. Uday Pal Singh HOD & Prof.).
- Conference SIMLA- 2019 Puducherry, 27.09.2019 to 29.09.2019 Dr. Bharath Kumar, Prof.)
- Conference APFORMEDCON – 2019 Gems Medical College, Srikakulam, 09.11.2019 to 10.11.2019 (Dr.Bharath KumaR, Prof.).
- CME Forensic Psychiatricon- 2019, Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narketpally, Nalgonda, 12.102019 (Dr.Bharath Kumar, Prof).
- Conference SIMLA- 2019 Puducherry, 27.09.2019 to 29.09.2019(Dr.Vijaya Raghavendra, Asst. Prof) .
- Conference APFORMEDCON – 2019 Gems Medical College, Srikakulam,09.11.2019 to 10.11.2019 (Dr.Vijaya Raghavendra, Asst. Prof).
Research and Publications:
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti. Pattern of Homicidal Deaths in Khammam District, Telangana. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. January-March 2019, Vol.41 (1), Page No 24-29.
- Fixing the deepest point on greater sciatic notch for measuring or calculating Maximum depth of greater sciatic notch.
- Sex Determination from incomplete greater sciatic notch.
- Pattern of sudden natural death: A Medico-legal study.
- Pattern of Death in Married Women: A Comprehensive study.