Overview of Department:
Most people think of neurosurgery as brain surgery — but it is much more. It is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of of patients with injury to, or diseases / disorders of the brain, spinal cord and spinal column, and peripheral nerves within all parts of the body. The specialty of neurosurgical care includes both adult and pediatric patients. Dependent upon the nature of the injury or disease a neurological surgeon may provide surgical and/or non-surgical care.
|1||Dr. G .Malleswar Rao||Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. Kasukurthi Jagadeesh Babu||Professor|
|3||Dr. Vimala Ambati||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. V.S.S.K. Chaitanya Juluru||Senior Resident|
|5||Dr. Kamesh Konchada||Senior Resident|
|6||Dr.JVNK Aravind||Senior Resident|
|7||Dr. Jonnalagadda Sai Varun||Senior Resident|
|8||Dr. K. Raman||Senior Resident|
|9||Dr. Shanmugapathy M||Senior Resident|
Core Competencies :
Courses Offered : 2 M. Ch. seats of superspeciality through NEET.
Facilities and Learning sources:
- ft Laminar flow Neuro operation theatre
- Mind –Ray Anaesthesia work station
- Moller – Wedol (German) Neurosurgical operating Microscope
- Phillips (Phillur – M 70) 7 bulb single dome over head operation theater light
- Excel mono and bipolar electro cautery opparatus
- Allengers fluoroscopy C arm machine
- Neurosurgery electric craniotomy drill
- One resuscitative and recuparatory room with 2beds, with adequate emergency items.
Awards and Achievements:
Research and Publications:
- Leviteracetam Vs Phenytoin For Seizure Prophylaxis in severe TBI ( Paper Attached).
- Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy Prognosis and Outcome following surgery.
- Association of Clinico Radiological Variables and outcome of TBI.