Overview of Department:
Department of Ophthalmology provides comprehensive program for patient care. It offers both out- patient services and in-patient services. It strives for achieving excellence in the fields of patient and community eye care, teaching, research and faculty development.
|1||Dr. Y.Rama Koteshwer Rao||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. K. Vijay Kumar||Professor|
|3||Dr. Prachee Hiresh Nagrale||Professor|
|4||Dr. Vijay Prakesh Kinikar||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. Gannamaraju Snigdha||Senior Resident|
|6||Dr. Yaswasvi Pendyala||Senior Resident|
M S Ophthalmology
- To offer an excellent standard in teaching
- To conduct research in basic, applied clinical fields and community ophthalmology
- To provide accessible, cost- effective, quality eye care.
- To conduct awareness programmes on issues such as Diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, eye donation.
The core competencies of Department of Ophthalmology are:
- UG teaching program for MBBS curriculum
- PG teaching program for MS Ophthalmology
- Clinical facilities include services to manage cataract, retinal diseases, glaucoma and uvea services. In addition community services like screening of diabetic retinopathy, cataract in camps, school screening programmes are provided by the department.
FACILITIES AND LEARNING SOURCES OF DEPARTMENT:
- Slit lamps
- Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- 90 D Lens
- Fundus Camera
- Operating Microscope with CCTV
- Argon Laser
- Phacoemulsification Machine
- Nd:YAG Laser
- Applanation Tonometer
- Schiotz Tonometer
- Automated Perimeter
- Cataract Surgery
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery ( SICS)
- DCT, DCR
- Pterygium Excision with Autograft
Nd: YAG Laser Capsulotomy
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- ‘Study of Clinical features and management of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus’ by Dr. Prachee Nagrale, Dr. Vijaykumar Kesharaju, Dr. Sahitya Gogineni published in MedPulse International Journal of Ophthalmology in August 2019 , Volume 11, Issue 2: 62-66.
- ‘A Clinical study on visual outcome and complications following Nd: YAG laser capsulotomy in patients with posterior capsular opacification’ by Dr. Prachee Nagrale, Dr. Vijaykumar Kesharaju, S. Sujani published in MedPulse International Journal of Ophthalmology in October 2019, Volume 12, Issue 1: 17-20.
- Clinical study of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Study of clinical features and management of Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- Clinical study of Posterior Capsular Opacification
- Study of Ocular manifestations in Leprosy
- Clinical study of Papilloedema
- Study of Conjunctival limbal autograft using autologous serum Vs suturing technique in primary pterygium surgery
Study of role of B Scan Ultrasonography in posterior segment pathology of eye